Quick Links

Useful Links

Room Hire
A member of Excalibur Academies Trust

Redland Green School

Who To Contact

Immediate welfare concern:

If you have an immediate welfare concern about your child, we would advise phoning the school directly, asking for their Well-being Lead or a member of the Safeguarding Team if your child's Well-being Lead is absent.

To report a safeguarding concern please email:


Click on Parent Contact Flow Charts below to assist with queries.

Communications Guidelines at Redland Green School:

We are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers, and effective communication between home and school is key. We recognise however that it can often be difficult communicating with staff because they have a very full timetable, are running clubs or working with students during lunchtime or after school; and we recognise that parents and carers have very busy lives.

Contacting the School by email:

  • Email – the preferred method for contacting a member of staff. Please use the query flowcharts to know who is the best person to contact to answer your query
    • Teachers are not in a position to check emails consistently throughout the day and the school does not expect work email to be checked during staff members personal time.
    • Part-time staff may take longer to reply.
  • Please avoid including multiple school email addresses in your message. This helps us focus our time on responding in a prompt manner to your query 
  • We aim to respond to you as soon as possible, normally within three working days. 
  • If you have not had a response to your email within 3 working days, please contact Mrs Lloyd at info@redlandgreen.bristol.sch.uk

Reporting safeguarding concerns:

  • The safeguarding team can be contacted via the main school switchboard or via safeguardingalert@redlandgreen.bristol.sch.uk
  • Alternatively, students and parents can report safeguarding concerns via our online reporting service Whisper. These reports can be made anonymously but the more information we receive the more effective our response can be. Whisper can be accessed here

Contacting the school by telephone:

Please use the main reception number (0117 3533200) to leave a message for a member of staff to contact you:

  • Reception staff will relay messages to teachers as soon as possible.
  • If a call is an emergency, please inform the receptionist who will attempt to find a senior member of staff to speak to you.
  • We aim to respond to you as soon as possible, normally within three working days.
  • Please note lessons will never be interrupted for teachers to take calls.

Meetings in school:

The day-to-day care, welfare and safety of your child is our priority and is managed by the person who is placed closest to them.

In the first instance, please approach the following members of staff who are responsible for your child in the following order:

  • Mentor or Classroom Teacher (if query is relevant to a specific subject)
  • Head of Year or Head of Subject (if query is relevant to a specific subject)
  • Wellbeing Lead (if query is related to Wellbeing issues)
  • Assistant Headteacher
  • Deputy Headteacher
  • Headteacher
  • Meetings should always be pre-arranged with members of staff.

If you urgently need to see someone, for instance if there is a serious family emergency or a child protection issue, please phone ahead and the reception staff will find a senior member of staff to meet with you at the earliest opportunity.

For non-urgent meetings, we will aim to meet with you normally within five working days. The school will determine the level of urgency at its discretion, to enable it to manage multiple demands.

School to Home Communication / Contacting Home:

Our preferred method of contacting you is via our Weekly Headteacher update to Parents/Carers document (to receive this, please ensure all email addresses are on ParentPay), email, or our termly newsletter. 

Social media:

We use Twitter to promote student and school achievements, school events, subject information and generic educational information.

Complaints Procedure:

For complaints please find the procedure on the Excalibur website here.

Media Contact