Key Pupil Premium Information
Introduction to the Pupil Premium Grant
The Secretary of State for Education lays down the following terms and conditions on which assistance is given in relation to the pupil premium grant (PPG) payable to schools and local authorities. PPG provides funding for two policies:
- Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential.
- Supporting children with parents in the regular armed forces.
Eligible pupils in the Pupil Premium Cohort
- Pupils in years 7 to 11 recorded as Ever 6 (FSM)
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority
- Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
Ever 6 Service Child (parent active in the armed forces, died in action, left due to injury or parent is on full commitment as part of the full time reserve service )
- Academic support: All students identified as being in the Pupil Premium cohort will benefit from additional math and/or English academic support and encouragement if appropriate to ensure that they have a positive and successful learning experience. We aim to close any gap in any current attainment compared to predicted grades.
- Financial support: If your child is within the Pupil Premium Cohort curriculum trips will be free and subject to approval, you may claim a contribution for one non-compulsory trip per year; we will also provide any revision books your child would benefit from and group peripatetic
lessons will be free. If an Enrichment activity requires a financial contribution you may apply for a discount by completing a Pupil Premium Financial request form. You can download a 'Pupil Premium financial request form' by clicking HERE, alternatively you can collect a copy from the main school reception.
If you have a query regarding Pupil Premium, please contact Mrs Bishop.